ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Master of Commerce (General) in Shri Krishnaswamy College for women was started in the year 2016. The focus is on the specialization of Accounting, taxation and banks and financial institutions in the realm of commerce. This course also aims to enhance the conceptual and analytical skills of the students.
To be a department of academic excellence with total commitment to quality education in Commerce.
- To impart knowledge, skills in Commerce and to empower the students to respond to the challenges in the corporate world
- To provide conceptual knowledge, logical reasoning ability and analytical skills in the domain of commerce.
- To develop managerial and entrepreneurial skills
- To facilitate an all-round development of the students by sensitizing them towards the ethical and social needs of the society.
- To enable a student to excel not only in academics but also in value added programmes and extension activities.
- International lecture on Risk Management by Dr. Murli Rajan, Associate Dean and Professor, Kania School of Scranton, USA was organised on 21st June 2018 towards curriculum enrichment.
- Career guidance and exploration programme conducted by We shine Academy on 19th February 2018.
- An Eyeshot on career opportunities in commerce stream by Smt.Deepa Rao, Charted Accountant on 18th July 2017.
- “Be Bold for Change-Step it up towards Equality” by Smt.Selvi Ravindran, AGM, BHEL Chennai on 17th February 2017.