ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Master of Commerce (General) in Shri Krishnaswamy College for women was started in the year 2016. The focus is on the specialization of Accounting, taxation and banks and financial institutions in the realm of commerce. This course also aims to enhance the conceptual and analytical skills of the students.
To be a department of academic excellence with total commitment to quality education in Commerce.
- To impart knowledge, skills in Commerce and to empower the students to respond to the challenges in the corporate world
- To provide conceptual knowledge, logical reasoning ability and analytical skills in the domain of commerce.
- To develop managerial and entrepreneurial skills
- To facilitate an all-round development of the students by sensitizing them towards the ethical and social needs of the society.
- To enable a student to excel not only in academics but also in value added programmes and extension activities.
|DATE OF THE EVENT
||TOPIC OF THE EVENT
||TYPE OF EVENT
|05.08.2022 & 06.08.2022
||Data analysis using SPSS
||Dr.Kumarapandian .G. Assistant Professor, M.C.C. College.
|30.09.2022 & 13.10.2022
- The Department of M.Com General and Corporate Secretaryship with the Association of Corporate Legacy organized an orientation programme on “Career Guidance and Exploration Programme” conducted by We Shine Academy on 31st August 2019.
- On 12th October 2019, the Departments of Commerce jointly organized an inter-collegiate workshop on “Academic Integrity: Report Writing without Plagiarizing”, which focused on acknowledging sources, quoting, paraphrasing and summarizing while writing academic and research papers.
- On 16th December 2019, Euphoria’19 - An Inter-Collegiate S-Video and Mime competition was conducted. The objective of this competition was to create awareness about the major social issues such as Social media propagating vices, Education Disparity, The influence of advertisements, Cyberbullying, War, Procrastination, Materialism and Layoff in IT Industry.
- International lecture on Risk Management by Dr. Murli Rajan, Associate Dean and Professor, KaniaSchool of Scranton, USA was organised on 21st June 2018 towards curriculum enrichment.
- The Department procured Institution membership with IAARF (Indian Accounting Association and Research Foundation), a professional body.
- The Department of M.Com General and CorporateSecretaryship organized an Inter Departmental Commerce exhibition I-EXPO 2K18 – “An innovative exhibition to gain hands on experience to the live projects” on 21.8.2018. Nearly 160 students from Commerce department actively participated in the exhibition and displayed both working and standing models.
- “An Eyeshot on Career Opportunities In Commerce Stream” by Smt.Deepa Rao, Charted Accountant on 18th July 2017.
- “Career Guidance and Exploration Programme” by We shine Academy on 19th February 2018.
- “Be Bold for Change-Step it up towards Equality” by Smt.Selvi Ravindran, AGM, BHEL Chennai on 17th February 2017
- TI Cycles
- Securities Exchange Board of India
- TCMPF LTD (AAVIN)
- Modern Bakers