Master of Arts(Human Resource Management)
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
With a view to offer a broader vista of knowledge for students who are aspiring for a Post Graduate degree, the Department of MA(HRM) was started in the year 2013. A Unique feature of the department has been a wide exposure in the fields of Manufacturing, IT, and Service Sector through Orientation visits and Internships. The other special features include Guest Lecturers, Workshops and HR Conferences.
To empower women community towards excellence in people management and transform the human resource into valuable asset.
- To develop an in-depth understanding of the core disciplines in the area of human resources (HR).
- To foster a culture of innovation, develop the confidence, skills and appropriate work experience required to make appropriate career decisions throughout their lives, complementing the learning and development provided by academics.
- To excel in all areas of teaching-learning, research, outreach and consultancy and inspiring them to make and realize successful career decisions.
- On 13th July 2018 a Guest lecture on “Introduction about HR and quality of HR”,by MS.AARTHI JEYERAJAN,HR in INTELENET SOLUTIONS was conducted.
- On 17th July 2018, a guest lecture was organised, the speaker of the lecture was MS.VAISHALI SHASHI who is currently working as HR in BIG TAPP TECHNOLOGIES PVT.LTD. The topic was “Effective HR roles in organization and Managing Stress”.
- MRS.ISHWARYA GURUMURTHY, senior HR at DELPHI TVS, gave a lecture about COMMUNICATION SKILLS on 20th July 2018.
- On 24th July 2018 a Guest lectures on “Corporate Social Responsibility tendency of a active HR and technique to memorize, by MS.PUNITHA THANGARAJ, Project Manager at Oorani (NGO) was conducted.
- On 31st July 2018, a guest lecture was organised, the speaker of the lecture was MS.ABHIYA PARVATHI who is currently working as HR in WORLD BANK. The topic was “Intense Knowledge about role of HRs in World Bank”.
- On 1st August 2018, a guest lecture was organised, the speaker of the lecture was MS.TEJASWINI who is currently working as HR in TCS. The topic was “Organisational Culture, Qualities of good and bad Organization, Reward system” in TCS.
- MRS.KHYATI VENKATARAMAN, former HR at UNIWORLD EDUSOFT PRIVATE LIMITED, gave a lecture about Performance appraisal and Management on 01st August 2018.
- On 04th August 2018 a Guest lecture on “Recruitment process, channels of recruitment, labour laws, standing orders and basic issues of trade union”, by MS. ABINAYA, HR in ALSTOM TRANSPORT INDIA PRIVATE LIMITED was conducted.
- MRS.MONISHA, senior HR at TCS, gave a lecture about “work force planning, learning and development, how they appraise the performance and Latest trend in TCS on 07th August 2018.
- On 9th August 2018, a guest lecture was organised, the speaker of the lecture was MS.SHUBASHREE GURUPRASAD, who is currently working as GM-HR at Krishnamacharya Healing and Yoga Foundation. The topic was “Employee Wellness, dimensions of wellness, Various Programmed for Employee Wellness.
- MRS.ROKSHANA BEGUM, HR at CTS, gave a lecture about Rewards and Recognition, Organisational Behaviour, Evidence Decision Making on 13th August 2018.
- On 14th August 2018 a Guest lecture on “Key points to groom as HR, learning human behaviour concerned to organization and so on ,tendency to strive in a firm”, by MS.YAMINI TANGARAJAN , HR HEAD in TCS was conducted.
- MRS.PADMAVATHI SUBRAMANIAN, senior HR HEAD at INFOSYS, gave a lecture about “CLOUD technology, group dynamics, group behaviour, AI, technologies in organization on 21st August 2018.
- On 27th July 2018, students attended A NATIONAL CONFERENCE on “Industrial Relations Shifting Focus from Labour Reforms to Mindset Reforms”, at LE-ROYAL MERIDIAN.
- FICCI HR SUMMIT -2018 on 31st August 2018 at Rain Tree Hotel, Anna Salai, focused about Digital Transformation of HR, Managing Change during HR digital Transformation, and Enhancing Business Outcomes through HR innovations.
- On 24th and 25th September 2018 the final year students attended A NATIONAL CONFERENCE on “Women Workers in Unorganized Sector: Health and working conditions”.
- On 21st July, 2018 A WORKSHOP was conducted on “Interpersonal communication, Group Structure, Group Dynamics, Work Stress and Listening skills” by S. MUTHULAKSHMI, HR at Integra Software Services Private Ltd.
- 10th August, 2018 an INDUSTRIAL VISIT to SAINT GOBAIN- a leading glass manufacturing company at Oragadam.
Dr Vidhya Srinivasan has over 36 years of experience in teaching, training, research, consulting, advising and HR interventions across different sectors of the HR domain, as well as leadership roles in the field of HR education.
As an advisor, she has supported organizations in the fields of Corporate Social Responsibility, Diversity Management, and Strategic HR Intervention. As an HR educational leader, she has developed, nurtured and spearheaded the growth of the MSW-HR and the MHRM courses at D. G. Vaishnav College, Chennai.
Dr Vidhya teaches Human Resource Development and Organizational Behavior. In keeping with her passion to build capacities, she has worked aggressively with HR leaders, trainers, skill specialists, and consultants for campus placements, global internships, certifications, industry interface conferences and leadership development, for over 2,000 students over the last three decades.
Vidhyahas a graduate degree in Economics and General Law from the Mumbai University, and did her post-graduation in Social Work. She has a Doctorate in Corporate Social Responsibility from TISS, Mumbai. She has presented research papers in Asia, South America, Australia, the USA, and Africa. Her professional achievements include a Rotary Exchange Award to Canada, a British Council Fellowship and a Tata Trust Scholarship for Business Ethics Research.