DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE
B.Com (General) was started since the inception of the college in 2010.Being an evergreen stream among the HSC students in India,it offers a wide range of career.
To develop into a world class center of excellence in the field of Commerce.
- To provide an exposure to students to face the business world.
- To inspire and empower students to contribute to the success of organizations and betterment of communities
- To develop a team of competent and qualified faculty
- To explore training and development opportunities
- To involve faculty in projects to improve research quality.
- To keep pace with the dynamic changes in industry and management practice and enhance knowledge through seminars, guest lectures, workshops and projects
- To inculcate the use of information and communication technology in the teaching and learning process
- To promote multidisciplinary research through applied areas of Commerce for enhancing productivity
DEPARTMENT ACTIVITES –INDUSTRIAL VISIT
- Department of Commerce (General), organized an industrial visit to the INTEGRAL COACH FACTORY. The students of final year B.Com General along with the faculty of the Department visited the site in two batches on 18th and 21st August, 2017.
- The Department of Commerce (General) organized a visit to SEBI office situated in Mount Road. The students of Final year B.Com had an exposure on the inception, growth and functioning of SEBI.
- The Department of Commerce (General) organized a visit to Aavin factory on February 2017 situated in Madhavaram. The students had an on-site exposure on how the milk is collected ,the quality checked and packed in milk packets of varying fat content .
- The Department of Commerce (General) organized a guest lecture on February 4th 2017 by Mrs.Vardini karthik ,standing counsel income tax department on “The recent trends on direct and indirect tax laws”. The students gained knowledge about GST and its impact.
- Has procured Institution membership with IAARF (Indian Accounting Association and Research Foundation)
- International lecture on Risk Management by Dr. Murli Rajan, Associate Dean and Professor, Kania School of Scranton, USA was organised on 21st June 2018 towards curriculum enrichment.