DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE
B.Com (General) was started since the inception of the college in 2010.Being an evergreen stream among the HSC students in India,it offers a wide range of career.
To develop into a world class center of excellence in the field of Commerce.
- To provide an exposure to students to face the business world.
- To inspire and empower students to contribute to the success of organizations and betterment of communities
- To develop a team of competent and qualified faculty
- To explore training and development opportunities
- To involve faculty in projects to improve research quality.
- To keep pace with the dynamic changes in industry and management practice and enhance knowledge through seminars, guest lectures, workshops and projects
- To inculcate the use of information and communication technology in the teaching and learning process
- To promote multidisciplinary research through applied areas of Commerce for enhancing productivity
- An Orientation Programme on Professional Course was organized on 15th July 2019. The Chief Guests were Mr.R.Govindaraj Founder and Director of R.G.R Academy and Mr.Lokeshwaran Manager R.G.R Academy.
- The department organized a Career Guidance Programme on cracking the UPSC Exams on 22.7.2019 The Chief Guest for the occasion was Mr. Boominathan – Founder and Chairman of King Makers IAS Academy and Mrs. Vijayantha Dinakaran who cracked the UPSC Exam. They gave tips for the students in order to crack UPSC and TNPSC exams.
- A guest lecture on“Social Entrepreneurship “was held on 8th August 2019. The chief guest was Ms. MahalakshmiSaravanan, Founder of Women Entrepreneur in India, who explained the importance of Social Entrepreneurship and her journey as Social Entrepreneur.
- The Department of Commerce General organized a guest lecture on “Recent issues in Human resource management” by MR.CHITRANATH.V, ISTD student chapter coordinator on 29th November 2019.
- The Department of Commerce (General) organized an Industrial visit to Modern Bakers on 26th June and 10th July 2019
- The Department of Commerce (General) organized Farm Visit to Farm Guru on 19th and 21st August 2019
- Has procured Institution membership with IAARF (Indian Accounting Association and Research Foundation).
- International lecture on Risk Management by Dr. Murli Rajan, Associate Dean and Professor, Kania School of Scranton, USA was organised on 21st June 2018 towards curriculum enrichment.
- The Department of Commerce (General) organized an Industrial visit to Modern Bakers on 4th October 2018.
- The Department of Commerce (General) organized an Industrial visit to SEBI on 28th August 2018.
- The Department of Commerce (General) organized a visit to SEBI office situated in Mount Road.The students of Final year B.Com had an exposure on the inception, growth and functioning of SEBI.
- The Department of Commerce (General) organized an intradepartmental Competition "Commercio-2017" on 5th August 2017. Students from varies departments actively particpated in competitions like Powerpoint presentation, Adzap, Commercio-Quiz, Personality Identification.
- Department of Commerce (General), organized an industrial visit to the INTEGRAL COACH FACTORY. The students of final year B.Com General along with the faculty of the Department visited the site in two batches on 18th and 21st August, 2017.
- The Department of Commerce (General) organized a guest lecture on February 4th 2017 by Mrs.Vardini karthik ,standing counsel income tax department on “The recent trends on direct and indirect tax laws”. The students gained knowledge about GST and its impact.
- The Department of Commerce (General) organized a visit to Aavin factory on 7th February 2017 situated in Madhavaram. The students had an on-site exposure on how the milk is collected ,the quality checked and packed in milk packets of varying fat content .
- People Education Programme on ” Rural Industrialization and Gandhian Ideology,Philosophy and Its Effect” was organised on 24th Febraury 2016. The Chief Guest of the event was Mr.Subash Chandra Bose Asst.Director, Central Palmgur And Palm Products Institute.
- Entrepreneurship Awareness Programme was organised on 24 th August 2015.The Chief Guest of the event was Mr.Raju Dr.Muthuswamy Training Officers ,Central Palmgur And Palm Products Institute.