DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE (COMPUTER APPLICATIONS)
The Department of Commerce with Computer Applications was established in the year 2013 to meet the challenges of emerging scenario in 21st century and optimally utilize the new opportunities in the field.
To be a vibrant and innovative Centre for Commerce education and enable the students to realize their full potential and shape them into future leaders and entrepreneurs.
- To provide quality education in the field of Commerce.
- To imbibe moral values of life in the minds of youth.
- To enable the students play a vital role in the field of E-Commerce by updating their knowledge .
- To promote leadership qualities and to develop entrepreneurial skills among the students.
- The Department of Commerce – Computer Applications organized a guest lecture on CAREER AWARENESS PROGRAMME on11thDecember 2019 by Ms. ChitraAnantharaman Deputy Director of Southern India Regional Council of the Institute of company Secretaries of India, Chennai on various types of career options.
- The students of B.Com (CA) visited an ORGANIC FARM HOUSE (Terrace Gardening) on 17th December 2019 of Mr. Jeshwant Singh in Mogappair. The students were taught about Terrace Gardening
- The students of I and II B.Com (CA) visited an organic farm called FARMGURU which is situated in Red Hills, a farm in Athur village, Chennai on 21st August 2019
- The Department of B. Com (Computer Applications) organized a one-day IndustrialVisitto INTEGRAL COACH FACTORY on 16th July 2019. Around 66 students and 2 faculty members visited the factory where the students had the opportunity to visit the museum (i.e) Coach gallery, and other various departments.
- Visited SEBI on 3rd July 2017 , 24th and 25th August 2018
- Conducted two day Inter collegiate Workshop in collaboration with “Tamilnadu Advanced Technical Training Institute “ on the topic “ Current trends in information technology” on 19th and 20th 2017
- Organised a Guest lecture on 18th July 2017 by Smt. Deepa Rao, Chartered accountant on “An Eye Shot on Career opportunities in Commerce stream.
- Organised skill development training along with Khadi and Village Industries Commission Organised by Shri.T.M.Pandian Principal CPPI, KVIC on 8th January 2018
- Organised a one day International Guest lecture on Business Idea generation and Amid competitions by Professor Dr.B.Nimalathasan, Professor in Accounting and Head,Department of Accounting ,University of Jaffna ,Srilanka on 3rd January 2018.
- Organised a one day guest lecture by Rtn.Natarajan Nagoji ,Managing Director,Marine Dimensions Logistics Pvt Ltd on4th January 2018.
- Organised a one day workshop on Digital marketing by Ms. Sumathi Suresh, Director,V.I.I Institute Pvt Ltd. on 10th January 2018
- Organized a guest lecture by A.Joseph Rexon on awareness about sustainable development for Environment day.
- To conduct certificate courses on computing skills for students.
- A career forum on diverse job opportunities in the forthcoming month..