DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE (INFORMATION SYSTEM MANAGEMENT)
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Department of B.com (Information System Management) was established in the Academic year 2016 -2017.
To make the students become good decision makers and motivate them to become entrepreneurs.
- Enabling the students to do group projects, discussing case studies on financial and other major issues.
- Conducting management-play games and group discussions to provide practical knowledge.
- Providing them several industrial visits.
- The Department of Commerce (Information System Management) conducted an Intercollegiate workshop on, “Modern Trends In E-Commerce, Apps Designing And Cyber Security Threats” on 3rdFebruary 2020. The Chief Guests wereDr.D.Venkata Subramanian, Adjunct Professor, Velammal Institute of Technology, Database consultant for U.S based MNC and Mr.TNGK.Ranganath, an Independent Database Consultant.
- The Department of B.Com [Information System Management organized a guest lecture on the subject “Logistics and Supply Chain Management” on 20th August 2019 by Mr.Sukumar, General Manager, Indian Institute of Logistics, Chennai.
- On 2.8.2019, the Department of B.Com[ISM] visited ICF (INTEGRAL COACH FACTORY), The 59 students and 2 faculty members from the college were guided by Chennai rail museum co-coordinator at the ICF.On an Industrial Visit to Chennai Port Trust on 27.09.2019
- Has procured Institution membership with IAARF (Indian Accounting Association and Research Foundation).
- International lecture on Risk Management by Dr. Murli Rajan, Associate Dean and Professor, Kania School of Scranton, USA was organised on 21st June 2018 towards curriculum enrichment.
- Conducted Guest Lecture for Logistics And Supply Chain Management by Shri Rathna kumari Senior Manager,Indian Institute of Logistics.
- Planning to conduct certificate courses on computing skills for students.
- Planning a career forum on diverse job opportunities in the month of August.
- Introduce practical approach for the accounting papers to have better understanding of the subject. To conduct more guest lectures, workshops, seminars and industrial visits to enhance the students’ knowledge.