DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE (INFORMATION SYSTEM MANAGEMENT)
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Department of B.com (Information System Management) was established in the Academic year 2016 -2017.
To evolve into the best department in the field of commerce and information system management which is renowned for providing the highest-quality of education, practical guidance and nurturing the young minds to serve the society with integrity.
- Imparting quality education by nurturing a conducive learning environment through continuous improvement and customization.
- We aim to provide practical approaches to topics which empower students to become leaders by providing skills that are necessary for the present and future market-trends.
- On 19th September 2020, IQAC and the department of B.Com (ISM) organized a webinar on “PASSION OR TREND, what is the right choice?” by Mr. Sushil Khanchandani, Head, HR and Business Development, Vedita Ventures.
- On 20th May 2020, the department of B.Com (ISM) organized an Inter-Collegiate Webinar on “RECENT TRENDS IN DIGITAL IMAGE PROCESSING”. The resource person of the webinar was Dr.P.L.Chithra, HEAD, Department of Computer Science, University of Madras. Over 1500 participants from 700 colleges participated in the webinar.
- On 14th and 15th May 2020, the Department of B.Com (ISM) along with BBA and B.A (Business Economics) organized a Webinar on “IMPACT OF COVID 19 ON INDIAN INDUSTRIES”by by Dr. A. Mariyappan, Associate Professor, Loyala College.
- On 3rd February 2020, the department of B.Com (ISM) organized an Inter-Collegiate Workshop on “MODERN TRENDS IN E-COMMERCE, APPS DESIGNING AND CYBER SECURITY THREATS”. The resource person for the workshop was Dr. D. Venkata Subramanian, Adjunct Professor, Velammal Institute of Technology and Database Consultant for U.S based MNC.
- On 13th December 2019, Students along with faculty attended the Logistics Education Summit to get awareness of Job opportunities and higher education in the field of Logistics.
- On 27th September 2019, the second year students of B.Com (ISM) visited Chennai Port Trust. They were accompanied by 2 faculty and 2 Coordinators from Indian Institute of Logistics.
- On 20th August 2019, Department of B.Com (ISM) conducted a guest lecture on “SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT” by Mr. Sukumar, General Manager, Indian Institute of Logistics.
- On 2nd August 2019, the final year students of B.Com (ISM) visited Integral Coach Factory (ICF), Perambur. They were accompanied by 2 faculty and 2 Coordinators from Chennai Rail Museum.
- On 18th August 2018, Department of B.Com (ISM) conducted a guest lecture on “CAREER OPPORTUNITIES IN LOGISTICS AND SHIPPING INDUSTRY” by MS. RATHAKUMARI of INDIAN INSTITUTE OF LOGISTICS.
- On 14th August 2018, the final year students of B.Com (ISM) visited SEBI. They were accompanied by 2 faculty members.
- Has procured Institution membership with IAARF (Indian Accounting Association and Research Foundation).
- Planning to conduct certificate courses on computing skills for students.
- Planning a career forum on diverse job opportunities in the month of August.
- Introduce practical approach for the accounting papers to have better understanding of the subject. To conduct more guest lectures, workshops, seminars and industrial visits to enhance the students’ knowledge.