DEPARTMENT OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Department of Business Administration was started in the year 2011.It is not an exaggeration to say that the Department of Business Administration lures the student community. This department strives to impart managerial skills for the prospective professional managers, senior administrators and entrepreneurs.
To provide premier business education through a dynamic curriculum and proper emphasis to serve the business community.
- To offer quality educational services and empower talented students to achieve their utmost potential.
- To bring out business professionals with high ethics.
- To create community leaders with an understanding of the global context of businesses and its social impact.
The industrial visits help the students to have real time exposure in the manufacturing units.
Students have visited the following companies to get real insight of the working procedures.
- Indian Institute of Logistics, Chennai.
- Lotte Chocó Pie, Thirumazhisai.
- KVIC, Madhavaram
- The Cheyyar Co-operative Sugar Mills Ltd, Cheyyar.
- Coco cola Beverages Pvt Ltd, Thirumazhisai.
- Chennai Port Trust, Chennai.
- Ashok Leyland, Ennore.
- Integral Coach Factory, Perambur.
- The Department of BBA and M.A. HRM of Shri Krishnaswamy College for women conducted a guest lecture on the topic “Enhancing the Employability Skill of College Students” on 04/07/2019 in Krissh Auditorium. The guest speaker was Mr. S. Parthasarathy.
- As a part of MMA, Student Chapter activity a Guest Lecture was conducted on the topic “Importance of Management Information System in Business Decisions” delivered by Ms. Jayanthi Kannan at Krissh Auditorium on 03..08.2019.
- The Department of Business Administration & BA (Bus. Eco) in association with MSME has conducted a training program on “Making of Sanitary Napkin” and Bakery Product” from 5 th August 2019 to 9 th August 2019.
- The Department of Business Administrtaion went on an industrial visit to THE NEW INDIAN EXPRESS on 7-08-2019with 75 students AND 3 Staff Members.
- Shri Krishnaswamy College for women Anna Nagar has sent twelve students and some Faculty Members from the Department of BBA and B.A( Economics) were attended the Workshop on “Sathyagraha lifestyle for the Youth of Today” Organized by Gandhi Peace Foundation, Alwarpet in memory of Gandhiya Maamani Sri .T.D .Tirumalai, Former Secretary of GPF on 10 th Aug 2019 between 10.30 am and 1.30 Pm at their Premises.
- The IQAC in association with the Department of BA Business Economics and Department of Business Administration had organised a one day workshop “The EDGE Entrepreneurship 360 “ on 13th September 2019. The Workshop focussed on idea generation, funding and marketing strategies for budding entrepreneurs. Social Entrepreneur Dr Josephine Arockia Mary, Mr R. Sukumar, AGM SIDBI and Mrs Mahalakshmi Saravanan were the resource persons for the event.
- Eighteen students from the Department of Business Administration, BA(Business Economics) and two faculty members of Shri Krishnaswamy college for Women, attended a two day training program on 16/7/2018 &17/7/2018 at Gandhi Peace Foundation, Alwarpet on the topic “Values of Gandhiji”.Dr.S.Kulandhaisamy, Secratary, Gandhi Peace Foundation, Dr. Shenbagavalli , Joint Secratary, Gandhi Peace Foundation and Mr. Chander of Gandhi Peace Foundation trained the students on Gandhian values and ways to inculcate the values of Gandhiji in young minds.
- The Department of Business Administration & BA (Bus. Eco) in association with MSME has conducted a training program on Bakery Product work shop and paper products making from 28th January 2019 to 1st February 2019.
- The Department of Business Administration went on an industrial visit to Integral Coach Factory on 18.08.2018 with 64 students.
- The Department of Business Administration & MA (HRM) conducted a one day “Intra Departmental Project Guidance Workshop” on 4th Feb, 2019. The resource person for the guest lecture was Dr. A.G. Vijayanarayanan, Associate Professor from the Department of Commerce, Vels university, Chennai. The workshop was a platform to ignite research inclination among students on the presentation of projects.
- The Department of Business Administration and MA (HRM) in collaboration with MADRAS MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATION started the STUDENT CHAPTER on 21 st FEB for the academic year 2019-20. Group captain Dr.Venketraman inaugurated the session in the presence of Dr.R.Geetha Rani, Principal Shri Krishnaswamy College for Women.
- On 11th August 2017 Department of BBA and MA (HRM) of Shri Krishnaswamy College for Women conducted “Management Fest – 2017” which aimed at identifying the hidden managerial talents in the student. It was an inter-departmental event among 11 departments of the college. The Fest had events like Group Discussion, The Best Manager, Role Play, Mock Interview , Business Quiz, Poster making.
- On 3rd October 2017 Department has organized a guest lecture on “Emotional Intelligence”. The resource person for the guest lecture was Dr.D.Gomathy, Head of MBA Department, Ethiraj College for Women.
- On 5th February 2018, Department of BBA and MA (HRM) organized a guest lecture on HR Avenues for students in Corporate World.The resource person for the guest lecture was Mrs. Maithreyi, HR WIPRO.
- On 3rd February 2017 guest speaker Mr. Stephen from TCS (Talent management and acquisition team) addressed the gathering. The Guest speaker through interactive discussions spoke about the corporate world and its challenges, work life balance and integration.
- The Department of Business Administration went on an industrial visit to Indian Institute of Logistics Harbour on 04-02-2016 with 61 students and four staff members.
- The Department of Business Administration went on an industrial visit to Indian Institute of Logistics Harbour on 28-08-2014 with 57 students and four staff members.
- The Department of Business Administration and MA (HRM) had organized a field visit for the final year students on 9th and 10th of September 2014. Four staff and 60 students from Department of Business Administration and MA (HRM) visited the Hindustan Coca Cola Beverages Pvt Ltd.