DEPARTMENT OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Department of Business Administration was started in the year 2011.It is not an exaggeration to say that the Department of Business Administration lures the student community. This department strives to impart managerial skills for the prospective professional managers, senior administrators and entrepreneurs.
To provide premier business education through a dynamic curriculum and proper emphasis to serve the business community.
- To offer quality educational services and empower talented students to achieve their utmost potential.
- To bring out business professionals with high ethics.
- To create community leaders with an understanding of the global context of businesses and its social impact.
- On 5th February 2018, Department of BBA and MA (HRM) organized a guest lecture on HR Avenues for students in Corporate World.The resource person for the guest lecture was Mrs. Maithreyi, HR WIPRO.
- On 3rd February 2017 guest speaker Mr. Stephen from TCS (Talent management and acquisition team) addressed the gathering. The Guest speaker through interactive discussions spoke about the corporate world and its challenges, work life balance and integration.
- On 3rd October 2017 Department has organized a guest lecture on “Emotional Intelligence”. The resource person for the guest lecture was Dr.D.Gomathy, Head of MBA Department, Ethiraj College for Women.
- The industrial visits help the students to have real time exposure in the manufacturing units. Students have visited the following companies to get real insight of the working procedures.
- Indian Institute of Logistics, Chennai.
- Lotte Chocó Pie, Thirumazhisai.
- KVIC, Madhavaram
- The Cheyyar Co-operative Sugar Mills Ltd, Cheyyar.
- Coco cola Beverages Pvt Ltd, Thirumazhisai.
- Chennai Port Trust, Chennai.
- Ashok Leyland, Ennore.
- Integral Coach Factory, Perambur.
- On 11th August 2017 Department of BBA and MA (HRM) of Shri Krishnaswamy College for Women conducted “Management Fest – 2017” which aimed at identifying the hidden managerial talents in the student. It was an inter-departmental event among 11 departments of the college. The Fest had events like Group Discussion, The Best Manager, Role Play, Mock Interview , Business Quiz, Poster making .