DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER APPLICATIONS
The Department of Bachelor of Computer Applications was started in the year 2010. The course is designed to help students achieve specific learning objectives to acquire up-to-date technical knowledge and develop skills needed for a successful start of careers in the computing industry.
To provide skilled manpower to the professional, industrial and service sectors to meet global demands and to help and promote the cultural heritage of the nation and preserve the environmental sustainability and quality of life.
- To foster academic and extension activities which help to gain up- to- date knowledge for the development of society.
- To help in the creation and development of manpower that would provide intellectual leadership to the community.
- Techno Byte Club Inauguration was held on 16th July 2019.The guest of honour,Dr. S. T. Deepa,Associate Professor, Department of Computer Science, SSS Jain College, Chennai, delivered a lecture on “Current Trends in Computer Applications”.
- The Department of Computer Science and Applications jointly organized CSI Student Chapter on 2nd August 2019 to give an overview of the trending research topic “Deep Learning and Its Applications”.
- The Department of Computer Science and Computer Applications conducted on outreach programme on 28/8/2019 at Aadhidravidar Government Higher Secondary School, Thirumangalam, Chennai. The programme was carried out with the help of ten students from the B Sc (CS) and BCA departments. They were accompanied by Dr. S. Gayathri, Head Department of Compute Science and Mrs. P. Amutha, Head, Department of Computer Applications.
- An Inter-Departmental Competition was held on 06/01/2020. Paper Presentation and Debugging were held for the departments of BCA, B.Sc (CS), B.COM(ISM), B.COM (CA) and M.Sc(CS).
- The Departments of Computer Science and Computer Applications organized a One Day National Seminar on ‘Industry 4.0 Digital Business Transformation - How to seize your space in the midst of change’ on 14th October 2019. The Chief Guest Mr.SreenivasTrichyVenkatraman , Sr. Digital Leader, Publicis Sapient, Bangalore.
- The Department of Computer Applications organized a Two-day Online Faculty Development Programme on”Data Analytics and Tableau” on 14th and 15th May 2020. Dr.V.Pattabiraman, Professor, School of Computer Science and Engineering, VIT, Chennai has taken over the First Day Session. The Day 2 session was taken by D. R. Parvathi, Professor School of Computer Science and Engineering,VIT, Chennai.
- The Department of Computer Science and Computer Applications conducted Inaugural Programme on Terrace Gardening on 3rd July 2018. The Programme began with a speech on the Inaugural session by the Chief Guest Mrs. S. SNEKALATHA.
- Industrial Visit to Sans Bound Technologies , Kodambakkam on 23.7.2018, 24.7.2018 and 26.7.2018.
- The Department of Computer Applications organized a Power Seminar on Internet of Things (IoT) in collaboration with ICTACT on 7th August 2018.The Programme began with the session’s technical speech by the Chief Guests Mr. R. Hari Ganesh, Mr. Makesh Gopalakrishnan, and Mr. Ruban.
- Guest Lecture on “Exploring the Unknown Attack and Data Security in An Era of Internet” on 20th August 2018.Resource Person Dr.G.Velmayil, M.Sc.,M.Phil.,Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science, Quaid-E-Millath College for Women.
- The Department organized a Two day Inter Collegiate Workshop on “Android App Development “on August 30th and 31st 2018.
- Department of Computer Science and Applications organized a 5 days workshop on “Entrepreneurship Development” in association with ICTACT and SIDBI from 10th September to 15th September 2018 in the college premises.
- The Department of Computer Applications organized an International Guest Lecture on “Ethical Hacking” on 8th January 2019. The lecture was addressed by Dr. Srinath Doss, Head of the Department Network and Infrastructure management, Botho University, Gaborone Botswana.
- The Department of Computer Science and Applications inaugurated the Computer Society of India – Student branch on 22nd February 2019. The Programme began with the session’s technical speech by the Chief Guest Mr. K. Bhaskaran.
- The Work shop on improving skills in Netweaving conducted on 7/2/2019 provided hands-on networking basics, taught by an experienced technical Tranier Mr.Karthikeyan ,Manager, Sansbound pvt ltd,Chennai, using a live in-classroom network.
- Guest Lecture on “Emerging Trends in Computer Science and IT” on 17th July 2017. Resource Person :Dr.G.Suseendran, M.Sc,M.Phil,Ph.D, Assistant Professor, School of Computing, Vels University, Pallavaram, Chennai .
- Guest Lecture on “Cloud Computing” on 9th January 2017. Resource Person: Dr.V.N. Rajavarman, M.E., Ph.D, Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering , Dr.M.G.R Educational Research Institute.
- The Department of Computer Applications, Shri Krishnaswamy College for Women organized. “Techi-Knock-down”, a one day paper presentation on 4th September 2015 at the Krish Auditorium. S.Meenakshi consented to be the Chief Guest of the programme.