DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICS
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The department was initially started for offering the allied courses for both Science and Commerce streams at the undergraduate and post graduate level. The department was established in 2016 which is committed to train the students to make them versatile in their respective careers.
- To be in the frontier of Mathematics and to produce globally competent graduates with moral values committed to build a vibrant nation.
- To teach Mathematics in the most appropriate way by using its application and mathematical modelling.
- To encourage students to do projects and develop their analytical and logical thinking.
- To establish industry links to develop mathematical models and help the industry.
- The Department of Mathematics conducted a one-day seminar on SCOPE AND TECHNIQUES OF OPERATIONS RESEARCH. Dr. T. Bharathi, Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics, Loyola College, was the resource person who spoke about Operation Research and its Scope and also on the practical applications of operations research in our day to day life.
- The Department of Mathematics organised an industrial visit to the Ramanujan Museum and Math Educational Centre, Royapuram on 21st August 2019. The students were awestruck looking at the exhibits and the techniques he had adopted in his proofs.
- The Department of Mathematics conducted an intercollegiate workshop on “Introduction to R Language and its Applications” on 10th December 2019 and Dr.D.Ajay, Assistant Professor of Sacred Heart College, Tirupattur, explained the mechanics of R Language to the students.
- Conducted Guest Lecture,"Applications on Mathematical Statistics"addressed by Dr.L.Paridayal, Assistant professor,Madras Christian College, Chennai on 2nd August 2018.
- Organized International Guest Lecture,"Introduction to Computational Fluid Dynamics" addressed by Dr.S.Sivasankaran, Associate Professor, Department of Mathematics, King Abdulaziz University, Saudi Arabia on 15th August 2018.
- Educational/Industrial Visit– Ramanujan Institute of Advanced study in Mathematics, University of Madras on August 21, 2018
- Organized Guest Lecture "Statistics in Everyday Life" addressed by Dr.K.V.Palaniswamy, Director,Clinical Programming,PRA Health Sciences,Chennai on 2nd August 2017.
- Conducted "Interdepartmental Math Fest Competition-2017" inaugurated and judged by Dr.M.Jeeva,Former Vice - Principal,Department of Mathematics, Ethiraj college,Chennai on 7th August 2017.
- Organized "Intercollegiate Math Versatile Contest" inaugurated by Dr.G.P.Youvaraj, Professor,Director and Head,Ramanujan Institute of Advanced Study in Mathematics,University of Madras on 14th September 2017.
- Conducted "Interdepartmental Math Fest Competition-2016" inaugurated by Dr.P.Sekar, Principal, C. Kandaswamy Naidu College on September 29, 2016.
- Conducted "Interdepartmental Math Fest Competition-2015” inaugurated and judged by Dr. P. Sumathi, Head, Department of Mathematics, C. Kandaswami Naidu College on 1st October 2015.
- Intercollegiate Workshops on Application of Mathematics.
- Conduct Exhibition on Mathematical Models.
- Celebrating π-day, National Mathematics day(Ramanujan’s day),World Maths day(1st Wednesday of March) by organizing mathematical programmes.
- To have MOU with industries/Institutes.
- To motivate students towards socially responsible activities.