DEPARTMENT OF ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Department of Accounting and Finance was started in the year 2010.The bachelor of Commerce (Accounting and Finance) is designed to enhance students’ ability to learn, and provide them with the opportunity to develop networks through real-world experiences.
To become the premier department recognized for excellence in teaching and learning, thus propagating a holistic experience to all the students.
- Support employability and entrepreneurship.
- Motivate students in their critical thinking, information competency and communication skills.
- Stimulate ethical reasoning, cultural, environmental and individual responsibility.
- An inter-collegiate Quiz program was organized by the Department of Accounting and Finance on 18th February 2020
- A visit to Parle industry was arranged in the month of July 2019 by the Department of Accounting and Finance. A total of 64 students visited the manufacturing unit which provided the best exposure on the food sector.
- A visit to Securities Exchange Board of India at Mount Road, Chennai was arranged on 10th& 11th December 2019. A total of 65 students participated and gained knowledge regarding the financial initiatives.
- The Department organised Guest lecture on INCOME TAX OVERVIEW on 7th August 2019. The speaker of the event was Mr.M.Veerabaghu, Income Tax Officer, Chief Trainer, Direct Taxes Regional Training Institute.
- The department has procured Institution membership with IAARF (Indian Accounting Association and Research Foundation)
- International lecture on Risk Management by Dr. Murli Rajan, Associate Dean and Professor, Kania School of Scranton, USA was organised on 21st June 2018 towards curriculum enrichment.
- The students were taken to SEBI, Regional office, in Anna Salai.
- Planning to conduct certificate courses on computing skills for students.
- Planning a career forum on diverse job opportunities in the month of August.
The department proposes to arrange for an orientation programme on pursuing careers in media and foreign exchange in the month of August.