DEPARTMENT OF ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Department of Accounting and Finance was started in the year 2010.The bachelor of Commerce (Accounting and Finance) is designed to enhance students’ ability to learn, and provide them with the opportunity to develop networks through real-world experiences.
To become the premier department recognized for excellence in teaching and learning, thus propagating a holistic experience to all the students.
- Support employability and entrepreneurship.
- Motivate students in their critical thinking, information competency and communication skills.
- Stimulate ethical reasoning, cultural, environmental and individual responsibility.
- The department has procured Institution membership with IAARF (Indian Accounting Association and Research Foundation)
- International lecture on Risk Management by Dr. Murli Rajan, Associate Dean and Professor, Kania School of Scranton, USA was organised on 21st June 2018 towards curriculum enrichment.
- The students were taken to SEBI, Regional office, in Anna Salai.
- Planning to conduct certificate courses on computing skills for students.
- Planning a career forum on diverse job opportunities in the month of August.
The department proposes to arrange for an orientation programme on pursuing careers in media and foreign exchange in the month of August.