DEPARTMENT OF ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Department of Accounting and Finance was started in the year 2010.The bachelor of Commerce (Accounting and Finance) is designed to enhance students’ ability to learn, and provide them with the opportunity to develop networks through real-world experiences.
To become the premier department recognized for excellence in teaching and learning, thus propagating a holistic experience to all the students.
- Support employability and entrepreneurship.
- Motivate students in their critical thinking, information competency and communication skills.
- Stimulate ethical reasoning, cultural, environmental and individual responsibility.
- The students were taken to SEBI, Regional office, in Anna Salai.
- The department has procured Institution membership with IAARF (Indian Accounting Association and Research Foundation).
The department has procured Institution membership with IAARF (Indian Accounting Association and Research Foundation).
The Departments of Commerce have tie up with ISTD (Indian Society for Training & Development).
- A visit to Securities Exchange Board of India at Mount Road, Chennai was arranged on 10th& 11th July 2018.
- A visit to Parle industry was arranged on 29th November 2018 by the Department.
- A visit to Securities Exchange Board of India at Mount Road, Chennai was arranged on 10th& 11th December 2019. A total of 65 students participated and gained knowledge regarding the financial initiatives.
- A visit to Parle industry was arranged in the month of July 2019 by the Department of Accounting and Finance. A total of 64 students visited the manufacturing unit which provided the best exposure on the food sector.
- A visit to Hatsun Agro Products Limited located at Redhills was arranged on 7th February 2020. A total of 59 students visited the site. The visit gave good exposure to students on manufacturing process of an agro industry.
- A Community Outreach Skill Development Programme on Aari Designing was conducted from 11th December 2019 to 19th December 2019 in which one of the final year student of the department volunteered to take classes for parents on Aari Designing.
- An inter-collegiate Quiz program was organized by the Department of Accounting and Finance on 18th February 2020.
- Planning to conduct certificate courses on computing skills for students.
- Planning a career forum on diverse job opportunities in the month of August.
The department proposes to arrange for an orientation programme on pursuing careers in media and foreign exchange in the month of August.