DEPARTMENT OF CORPORATE SECRETARYSHIP
A Gateway to Corporate World
The Department of Corporate Secretaryship was established in the year 2010. The watchword of the department is to prepare the students ready for the corporate sector.
The students are given the opportunity to enrich their knowledge in the areas of Company Law, Secretarial Practice, Business Management, Income Tax, Cost and Management Accounting etc.
Equip the students with quality education and practical knowledge for the corporate world
- To provide a high standard of education
- To develop the professional skills of students which are of immense value.
- To develop competitive skills to manage the inherent risks in the fields of Marketing, Banking, Insurance and Income Tax.
GUEST LECTURES, SEMINARS CONDUCTED
- Career guidance and exploration programme conducted by We shine Academy on 19th February 2018.
- An Eyeshot on career opportunities in commerce stream by Smt.Deepa Rao, Charted Accountant on 18th July 2017.
- “Be Bold for Change-Step it up towards Equality” by Smt.Selvi Ravindran, AGM, BHEL Chennai on 17th February 2017.
- International lecture on Risk Management by Dr. Murli Rajan, Associate Dean and Professor, Kania School of Scranton, USA was organised on 21st June 2018 towards curriculum enrichment.
- TI Cycles
- Securities Exchange Board of India-UG students
- TCMPF LTD-UG STUDENTS
- On 12th October 2019, Departments of commerce (CS) organized an inter-collegiate workshop on Academic Integrity: Report Writing without Plagiarizing, which focused on acknowledging sources, quoting, paraphrasing and summarizing while writing for academic papers.
- On 16th December 2019, Euphoria’19 -An inter- Intercollegiate S-Video and Mime competition was organized. The objective of this competition was to create awareness about the major social issues such as Social media propagating vices, Education Disparity, The influence of advertisements, Cyberbullying, War, Procrastination, Materialism and Layoff in IT Industry.
NATIONAL LEVEL SEMINARS / CONFERENCES
Department of Commerce and Corporate Secretaryship jointly organised a National level Seminar on 24th September 2016 on the topic of “Latest Innovations in Management Science”.
Department of Commerce and Corporate Secretaryship together organised a National level Conference on the topic of “Changing Global Economic Scenario Strategies for Business Sustainability” dated 22nd September 2017.
Has procured Institution membership with IAARF (Indian Accounting Association and Research Foundation), a professional body.
INNOVATIVE EXHIBITION – I EXPO 2K18
The Department of Corporate Secretaryship has organized an Inter Departmental Commerce exhibition I-EXPO 2K18 – “An innovative exhibition to gain hands on experience to the live projects” on 21.8.2018. Nearly 160 students from Commerce department actively participated in the exhibition and displayed both working and standing models.