DEPARTMENT OF BUSINESS ECONOMICS
The Department of Economics was started in the year 2012. Economics is a way of thinking about the world which is always changing. Economists have developed a set of simple but widely applicable concepts and principles that are useful for understanding economic situations ranging from decisions that individuals make every day to decisions made by firms and governments in complex markets.
The objective of this course is to help students learn and understand the economic concepts, principles and apply them to a variety of economic situations.
By the end of this course the student will be able to:
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of a range of key topics and analytical techniques in microeconomic and macroeconomic theory.
- Employ economic models to examine current economic issues and evaluate policy options for addressing these issues.
- Apply entrepreneurial principles to create real life business opportunities.
- The Department of Business Economics organized a guest lecture on "Is India Marching towards Green Economy" on 12th July, 2019 by Dr A.MARIYAPPAN. He spoke on 'A Green Economy' that promotes a triple bottom line: sustaining and advancing economic, environmental and social well-being.
- Guest lecture on “From womb to tomb: a review of women through the perspective of Amartya Sen” by Dr.P. Anbalagan.
- The Orientation Programme on Economics was organized on 6th July 2018 . The Guest of the day was Dr.S.Narayanan, Assistant Professor in DG Vaishnav College.
- An industrial visit to M.S.Swaminathan Research Foundation was organized for the final year students.
- Guest lecture on ‘Recent trends in Tamilnadu economy’ on 10.09.2015 by Dr. D.Vijaya Lakshmi.
In the academic year 2015 and 2016, the students of Business Economics Department have participated in various intercollegiate sports and cultural events.
- Speech on the topic “Pros and Cons of Freebies in Tamilnadu”.
- Ad Zap.
- Poster Making on “Demonetisation”.
- Power Point Presentation on the topic “ Impact of GST” or “Water Management”.